Sunday, March 16, 2014

March Break RPG-Inspired Project

Time for the boy to take a break from manning the blog!

I've written before about our superhero RPG with our friends in the west-end of the city. After our last adventure (involving croco-sharks), my daughter was inspired to create comic book covers of each of the five games we've played as a large group. During March Break, I decided that they would look even better in colour, so I scanned the originals, printed out a new copy, and with the girl's help, I inked and coloured them. The results are wonderful, in my biased opinion, and I have new respect and appreciation for inkers of the comic industry. It takes a long time! We are seeing them today and we'll be giving the GM copies of these pieces of art, but I thought I'd share them here as well.


Issue #1: Versus the villainous Jack in Irons! 

Issue #2: Invasion of the Space Ghouls!

Issue #3: The Coming of the Crime Phantom!

Issue #4: Their Deadliest Foe Yet!

Issue #5: The CrocoSharks!

My daughter is currently reading old issues of The Avengers and The Fantastic Four, so she borrowed stylistic elements from those classic comics when designing these covers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment