Sunday, January 22, 2012

Last Night On Earth

We played a game that belongs to our family friend over the winter break called Last Night On Earth. My husband already wrote extensively about this game on his blog but I thought I'd offer my $0.02 as well. Now that I discovered how to use the macro feature on my camera, my shots of miniatures in action have greatly improved. You know you've got a family passionate about a certain hobby when most of the photos for 2012 have not been of the kids or vacations, but of scenes from our recent game-playing adventures.

We played in two teams. Hubby and daughter were the people; friend and I were the zombies. My husband became irritated rather quickly with the game because the zombies have a lot of advantages over the people and weapons that you would think would do significant damage to a zombie had little to no effect. Even I had to agree. Our family friend thought it was just a case of "sour grapes" on the opposing team's part. Despite all odds, the people won the game, in large part because they found a weapon powerful enough to mow down the zombies en masse. This was originally on my husband's Christmas wish list but I was unable to find it in the stores. I'm grateful that I didn't buy it because it wasn't as enjoyable as we had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment